As a festive addition to Northern Spark, Twin Cities based food trucks and restaurant vendors are invited to participate in the event taking place Saturday, June 10, 8:59pm – Sunday, June 11, 5:26am. With an expected 50,000 people participating in 6 nodes of activity along the MTC Green Line, vendors will have ample opportunity to showcase their menus and gain word-of-mouth buzz in addition to strong sales.
Northern Spark will take place in Minneapolis and St. Paul simultaneously using the Green Line as a connective spine. The seven areas of activation are located near the following stops: U.S. Bank Stadium (The Commons), West Bank (Cedar/Riverside), East Bank (Weisman Art Museum), Snelling Ave (Little Africa), Lexington Pkwy (Rondo), and Lowertown (Union Depot).
The festival focus of Climate Chaos | Climate Rising will explore the interconnected, evolving, long-term consequences of climate change. In keeping with our theme, we are working with various partners towards creating zero waste in our event nodes along the Green Line. We ask food vendors take steps to help us meet these goals through compliance steps spelled out in the participation guidelines below.
Food trucks and restaurant tents will be a festive addition to Northern Spark events. Food providers that wish to participate in Northern Spark 2017 must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Northern Spark will give neighborhood preference to those with a connection to particular festival nodes.
- Food trucks will pay a fee of $350 to participate. A $50 discount will be granted to vendors with affiliations with festival stops.
- Food trucks must be stationed where requested by event organizers.
- Vendors should consider sustainability when it comes to menu items as well as packaging. Recycling and composting containers will be provided.
- Vendors are not allowed to serve alcohol or any beverages in glass bottles.
- Vendors should consider offering healthy options for people to enjoy.
- All food vendors must meet all applicable state and city health and safety requirements.
- All food vendors are required to provide Health Department Certificate and a Certificate of Liability Insurance naming Northern Lights.MN as additional insured.
- Vendors will need to be self-sufficient in terms of electrical generation and water access.
Information on food permits in Minneapolis:
City of Minneapolis Licenses and Consumer Services
350 South 5th Street – Room 1C,
Minneapolis, MN 55415–1391
Mobile Food Vehicle Vendor Permit
Food Cart Sidewalk Vendor
Information on food permits in St. Paul:
Minnesota Department of Health Food, Pools, and Lodging Services
PO Box 64975
St. Paul, MN 55164-0975
Mobile Food Unit Permit
Food and Beverage Licensing Requirements
Mobile Food Unit – MDH
Food Cart – MDH
Please submit your application here. If you require a paper application, please contact us to make accommodations.
Proposals are due at 4:30 pm CDT on February 28, 2017. Vendors will be notified of acceptance no later than March 31. Vendor contracts and payment will be due on April 11, 2017.
More details will be provided upon acceptance of your submission. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.